We at Magid Dental Care have always taken infection control very seriously. We have always exceeded the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. Even more so, now, we have taken the months we were closed to propel our safety protocols beyond the current guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and OSHA. Our goal is to provide you with the absolute safest dental experience possible.
Here are a few of the many ways we are achieving this:
- We ask you to please arrive a few minutes early to your appointment. Once you arrive, please call/text our office and wait in your car until you receive a call/text or call from us asking you to come into the office.
- We will ask you to arrive with your mask on until you are seated in the treatment chair. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- You will see hospital grade HEPA filters in our waiting room and all treatment rooms to clean and purify the air from all contaminants.
- We are happy to share that we have used this time off to upgrade our office to become completely digital! Going forward, all charts, forms, payments, etc. will be completely digital. Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to fill out our updated electronic forms (via your cell phone, ipad or computer). If you are not able to fill these out with your own device, we will have a sanitized office ipad for you to use.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. 2 hours prior to your appointment you will also receive a digital Covid-19 screening to fill out prior to your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Once you arrive in the office, you will notice that there are now plexi-glass barriers around the front desk. This is for your safety and the safety of our team. Our front office team will also be wearing masks and will stay behind the protective sneeze-guards. We ask that you do the same as they are for your protection and for the protection of our team.
- We will take your temperature with a no-touch, infrared thermometer. Our office team temperatures are also taken each morning.
- You may notice that our reception room will look a different without our coffee and tea station, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will look a little different, as our clinical team will be wearing masks and face shields as well as gowns over our scrubs.
- We have added in extra time for top to bottom sterilization of all treatment rooms between patients.
- We have upgraded our dental Hygiene handpieces to exceed the safety recommendations.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 973-227-9211.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. David Magid and Team