Being happy with the appearance of your smile is important! Your smile is a part of your first impression on the world. When you do not feel confident in your appearance, it can make interactions difficult and keep you from truly being yourself.
At Magid Dental Care, we offer solutions for confident smiles. Whether you would like big or small changes, we offer many cosmetic and restorative dental treatments to meet your needs. From subtle changes such as dental bonding to whitening and even dramatic changes using custom porcelain dental veneers, we change lives with great dentistry!
A beautiful smile can give you confidence to be who you really are!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain dental veneers are thin tooth-shaped shells that fit over your natural tooth structure. One of the most versatile cosmetic dental treatments, veneers can correct many esthetic issues such as:
- Worn or shortened teeth
- Deep stains
- Chipped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Off-center midline
- Lack of uniformity
Instead of combining several types of treatment, veneers can often address many esthetic problems at once. Like magic, they create the illusion of a perfect smile while utilizing your natural teeth as their foundation.
Your Dental Veneer Treatment
When creating your smile design, Dr. David Magid will plan out your smile before getting started. This ensures that your veneers will work with your bite and that your teeth match your facial features. Some of the things we take into consideration when choosing the size, color, length, and shape of your veneers include:
- Your gender – Did you know that men and women have differently shaped teeth? Men’s teeth tend to be larger.
- Your facial structure – We want your smile to look like you were born with it – only better!
- Your skin tone – Just like your hair, your teeth have a slight tone. We will match that tone to your natural teeth.
- Color – Natural teeth darken as we age. We will help you choose a shade that is dazzling, age-appropriate, and natural looking.
- Length – Your bite will determine the length and shape of your teeth. We will also take your appearance into account so you don’t end up with teeth that look too long or too short.
Placing Your Veneers
Most people get 4 to 8 veneers. We can often place them in one appointment. We will place them over your prepared teeth and permanently adhere them to your natural tooth structure. Dr. Magid will make any final adjustments to ensure a good fit.
Protecting Your Smile
Depending on your bite and whether you clench or grind your teeth, we may recommend a nightguard to protect your dentistry. It makes good sense to take care of your investment. Our nightguards are custom made and comfortable. They can extend the life of your dentistry (and natural teeth) when worn religiously.
Regular dental cleanings and exams will help us keep your smile looking and feeling its best!
Contact Us to Schedule a Cosmetic Dentistry Evaluation
Our friendly team looks forward to welcoming you to our West Caldwell, NJ dental office where we give patients beautiful, healthy smiles.